General Labor - Code Compliance City of Dallas
Dallas, TX US
Duties and Responsibilities
Performs manual work that often involves the use of acquired skills; performs related duties as required.
Essential Duties and Tasks
- The work of this class involved the use of some acquired skills by experience or on-the-job instructions. It requires some physical strength and endurance. This employee’s primary responsibility is the collection of various debris and provides assistance as needed within designated departments. This employee usually works under a supervisor who issues oral work orders and inspects the result frequently.
- Loads sweepings into containers and bins.
- Collects leaves and brush.
- Operates basic lawn and garden equipment when needed.
- Operates basic janitor equipment for cleaning within the facilities.
- Collects street side rubbish and debris
- Performs other manual labor when necessary or required by public works, water or utilities.
- Physical activity related to this position may include reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting and grasping. Sufficient visual acuity is required. An employee in the position may be exposed to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions including heat and cold.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge of safety requirements encountered in the performance of assigned tasks; ability to perform manual labor for extended periods under current environmental conditions; ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Experience and Training
- Preferably some experience in manual labor; High School Diploma or equivalent; or equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities.
Applicant must be willing to submit to a background check and random drug testing. This position is specifically for the City of Dallas Code Compliance.