Dallas, TX US
HVAC Technician Job Description
We are looking to hire a detail-oriented HVAC technician to install, maintain and repair HVAC systems. The HVAC technician will be skilled in cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems.
To be successful in this role, customer satisfaction, safety and comfort should be your top priority. Ideal candidates will be patient, and have excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
HVAC Technician Responsibilities:
• Installing, maintaining and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
• Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
• Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
• Cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
• Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
• Providing technical direction and on-the-job training.
• Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
• Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers' requirements.
• Assisting with customers' queries.
HVAC Technician Requirements:
High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
EPA License (AHERA)- Asbestos/Environmental Protection
2+ year experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
Valid driver’s license.
Must have a clean criminal background.
Must be able to pass drug screening.
Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating.
Working knowledge of boiler systems.
Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
Ability to work in confined spaces.